Pontiac Firebird 1970-1981 Vintage Air System
- Usually Ships in 3 to 5 Business Days
Pontiac Firebird / Trans Am SureFitTM Heater and Air Conditioning System from Vintage Air
CVF Racing has partnered with Vintage Air to bring you this SureFit TM AC system for your 1970-1981 Pontiac Firebird or TA. Adding Air conditioning to your classic Pontiac is a popular upgrade that will help you to enjoy your classic on those hot days and drive it more often.
- Gen IV Evaporator Unit
- Under dash AC Vents
- Defrost Vents
- Vent Hose
- Sanden Style AC Compressor with V-Belt or 8 Rib Serpentine Pulley
- Condensor & Condensor Brackets
- Air Drier
- Plumbing Hose Kit
- Firewall Plate for Hose Entry into Cab
Note: This kit does not include pulleys or AC compressor bracket.
Photo is generally representative of kit contents but contents may differ depending on application.
On Pontiac AC Applications, we recommend upgrading your engine to the newer damper with 4 bolt pattern and newer timing cover / water pump with 11 bolt pattern. This upgrade will make sure you have adequate cooling flow, a modern balancer and will allow you to use one of our Serpentine or V-belt systems for AC.
Fly-By-Wire Controls for Easy Installation and not cables or capillary tubes to route Infinite air blending for the perfect temperature control Infinite blower fan speed adjustment High volume defrost mode Uses your factory controls with Patented Cable Converters Evaporators are assembled and tested in Texas
Vintage Air SureFit Part Numbers
- 964167 1967-68 Firebird Complete Kit (factory air car)
- 961167 1967-68 Firebird Complete Kit (non-factory air car)
- 964468 1969 Firebird Complete Kit (factory air car)
- 961168 1969 Firebird Complete Kit (non-factory air car)